Ringette PEI, in partnership with the five local associations of Charlottetown, Montague, Rustico, Souris, and Summerside, is proud to host the 2019 Canadian Ringette Championships (CRC) from April 7–13, 2019.
First held in 1979 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, the CRC, along with the Canada Winter Games, showcases the very best that the sport has to offer. The tournament provides athletes with the opportunity to compete at the elite level, encourages sportsmanship and interprovincial goodwill, and increases the visibility of ringette across the country. The 2019 CRC will determine the Canadian champions in the U16, U19, and National Ringette League categories.
The Organizing Committee is excited to welcome athletes, coaches, team staff, officials, families, and fans to PEI this coming April. Please check our website often as we will add further information and resources as they become available—we want to ensure your CRC experience is an amazing one!
Organizing Committee – Contact Information
Should you have any questions regarding the event, please feel free to contact the 2019 Canadian Ringette Championships co-chairs:
- Mike James via email email@example.com or phone 902-626-9612
- Francois Caron via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 902-303-1363
The 2019 CRCs will be using six arenas to play the 186 games that will be part of the event. A plan is in place to limit the amount of traveling for teams with two of the three U16 pools playing primarily at Credit Union Place in Summerside, while the other U16 pool, U19 division, and NRL division will play primarily at the Bell Aliant Centre, APM Centre, and Pownal Sports Centre, which are all in the Charlottetown area.
“Primarily” means that all teams will play most of their games in either Summerside or Charlottetown, as described above, with every team having to travel a minimum of once and a maximum of twice in the round-robin division. Summerside will host the U16 playoff rounds while Charlottetown will host the U19 and NRL playoff rounds.
Please note the traveling distance between Summerside and Charlottetown is 65 kms, taking about 45 minutes to drive.
- Credit Union Place, Summerside – located at 511 Notre Dame Street (Two ice surfaces)
- Bell Aliant Centre, Charlottetown – located on the University of Prince Edward Island Campus at 560 University Avenue (Two ice surfaces)
- APM Centre, Cornwall – located at 37 Lowther Drive (One ice surface)
- Pownal Sports Centre, Alexandra – located at 145 Pownal Rd (One ice surface)
The schedule for the 2019 Canadian Ringette Championships will be developed and published by Ringette Canada based on its Competitions Policy. Participating teams are identified based on the outcome of provincial play downs so the final CRC schedule will most likely be finalized in mid-March. Round-robin games will take place from April 8–11, 2019 and playoff rounds are April 11–13.
The host committee has secured a number of times for practices at arenas across PEI from Friday, April 5 to Sunday, April 7. They are available for $200/hr on a first-come, first-serve basis. To book your practice time, please contact Mike James via email at email@example.com or by phone at 902-626-9612.
In order for our committee to plan for your arrival, we are interested in understanding how (cars, bus, flying), when, and where you will be arriving. Once your team has finalized your travel plans, please advise Valerie Vuillemot at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will update our database.
The host committee has booked a large block of rooms in both the cities of Charlottetown and Summerside. While we know that many teams have already booked rooms in anticipation of their team’s participation in the Championships, there are currently two variables that are impacting the host committee’s ability to ensure everyone secures the rooms they require:
- We are aware of teams from various provinces who have secured rooms to attend the Championships prior to play downs being completed. For example, for some provinces, when we add the total number of teams who have booked rooms, it exceeds the number of teams eligible to attend. Once provincial play downs are completed, we anticipate that a number of these rooms will open back up and we will be pleased to work with those teams who have not yet secured rooms to find them space.
- Until play downs happen at the U16 level, we will not know which teams will primarily play in Summerside. Again, once the schedule rankings are finalized and teams are assigned into those places, our committee will work with teams to find accommodations in the community that makes the most sense for the teams.
For any questions regarding accommodations, please send a request in through our website at www.crc2019.ca and click on the “For Teams” drop down menu for accommodations.
Special Events and Activities
The Opening Ceremony will take place at Credit Union Place in Summerside on Sunday, April 7, 2019, beginning at 6:00 pm. A full ceremonies plan will be circulated to teams in the lead up to the event, but please note the following:
- Teams will congregate at a designated area by 5:35 pm wearing their team or provincial colours
- The Opening Ceremony will take place in the arena (which is a climate-controlled rink) and team members will be provided designated seats
- All teams are asked to bring a couple of new or gently used children books with subjects or authors from their part of Canada. Books will be donated during the ceremony to organizations that serve both aboriginal and rural children across PEI.
There will be a Skills Competition for the U16 and U19 division immediately following the Opening Ceremony in the exact same venue. Each team will be required to identify five team members who will participate in the team relay to do the following skills: fastest skater, most agile skater, top passer, goalie skills, and accuracy shooting. A full skills-competition plan, including a video showing how it will be run, will be circulated by the middle of March.
The Closing Banquet will take place at the Delta Prince Edward in Charlottetown on Saturday, April 13 beginning at 7 pm. Full details on the event’s theme and menu will be circulated in advance, once all the plans are finalized. Please note that only accredited players and team staff may attend the banquet. There will be no tickets available to the public.
Social Media Updates
In addition to on our website, additional information and reminders will be available through 2019 CRC social media accounts.
- Facebook @CanadianRingetteChampionships
- Twitter @CRC_CCR
- Instagram @CRC_CCR
We are encouraging all team supporters to purchase their tournament passes as a team to take advantage of our early bird rate of $100. Please note that all athletes and coaching staff (maximum of 5 bench staff) will receive accreditation.
Tournament passes provide spectators full access to all 186 tournament games, the opening ceremony, and skills competition. Only accredited participants may attend the closing banquet—there will be no tickets sold for the banquet.
To order your tickets, please email Ron MacAulay at email@example.com with the information requested below. The deadline to email the tournament pass order is April 3, 2019 and once we receive it, we will send an invoice to confirm the total purchase. Invoices may be paid by cheque upon arrival or e-transfer.
2019 CRC Ticket Prices
Tournament pass purchased/ordered before April 1 – $100
Tournament pass purchased after April 1 – $125
Day pass – $20
Championship day – $25
Twelve and under – FREE
Tournament Pass Request
Team Contact name:
Team Contact cell#:
Team Contact e-mail:
TourNumbernament passes # # Requested ($100 each):